Monday, 26 September 2011

many things going on

although when i say "many things" I'm really counting SOLVING 85% OF THE CROSSWORD LAST WEEK YOU NIFTY WORD GENIUS and incidences of my brother literally bouncing off the walls, LITERALLY, in that list.

Feel bad for not blogging in ages! I apologise for letting Tetris consume my life. Really, these 25 days that have lapsed without a single enthused keystroke signalling the start of a poorly written, misinformed, "opinionated" post.. they haunt me. And if you think this personal blog is bad, you should take a look at my journalism blog...and that get's marked! 30% down the drain..

But I do have a head swirling with blog post ideas and issues and ranty essay style topics that will set my fingers a -taptaptapping, and I will produce them very soon! These will be a bit delayed though, (give me two weeks!)  for I'm headed on a last minute trip down south to MELBOURNE tomorrow, where I will revel in the AFL finals atmosphere and growl at the  four-seasons-in-one-day weather (Thanks Crowded House!) and adopt effete Melbourne ways aka "sit in a hole and drink chardonnay and read a book." Yessiree! Although with work and all, I'm a bit sick of frequenting Winebars. Hmm, yep, seen it all before.

I'll be back at the end of the week, in time for the Festival of Dangerous Ideas happening at the Opera House. Had to sell my Assange ticket, but am looking forward to flammatory words from former High Court Justice, Michael Kirby and AND sweet sweet words espousing vegetarianism from the BEAUTIFUL JONATHAN SAFRAN FOER. I reallllllllllly hope that his geeky rockstar novelist charisma won't convert me to a greens-only diet, because i really like eating animals. I HOPE I MEET HIM THOUGH. IN SUCH A SCENARIO I WILL ATTEMPT TO AVOID SWOONING IN FRONT OF HIM BUT IF I HAPPEN TO JUST INVOLUNTARILY YET GRACEFULLY COLLAPSE IN HIS PRESENCE I'M SURE HIS TALENTED WRITERLY, YET TONED, ARMS WILL CATCH ME.

Is it too much to bring 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close' and get him to sign it........?

(Hellooooo, my name is Nerdface.)

Thanks for reading guys.
CATCH YA'LL LATER

1 comment: