Saturday, 28 July 2012

A lovely week.

I've really had a lovely week. Despite being afflicted with a cold leftover from Melbourne, and turning into a cough monster. I can't sleep at night, really. Coughs wrack my body so i can't fall asleep until 3am. I feel sorry for the rest of my family. Thin, thin walls in our house. Lack of sleep normally leaves me super grouchy, and I was out of the house every day this week, run off my feet with  interning and law revue rehearsal. However I managed to squeeze in a few very heavenly activities outside working hours and for that I am very grateful. I spent a beautiful Monday in the sun, next to the water. I reviewed the Shins, one of my high school musical touchstones, on Wednesday night. I tried to improve my crap bodyroll (can't undulate to the music for shit) on Thursday in the sympathetic company of those more talented. Worked on a genuinely interesting gallery at interning, and then knocked off early with the whole team. A rare, rare occurence. Normally I leave at around 5.40 on Fridays (and I'm not even paid!) But today, by 3pm, we were lounging around one of the most beautiful bars in Sydney, sipping our drinks in the afternoon sun, taking in the gorgeous harbour view. An enormous cruise boat floated by us, and we waved to the people on deck as it entered the harbour.

What else this week? Picked up a stack of CDs and free royal purple heels from work. I read a lot of my book. 'The Art of Fielding' by Chad Harbach is a very comforting read. Polished my rendition of 'Postman Pat' on the ukulele. (It's dead easy.) I tried to instagram most of the beautiful things I saw this week. None needed a filter. 


Being happy can be very simple. Good people, good food and good thoughts- that's all you need really.




No comments:

Post a Comment