Tuesday, 28 June 2011

A chorus line on Sunday

How was your weekend?
For the first time in a while, I took the day off work and as such, I was gloriously freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee on a Sunday. I had lined up a Theatre Jazz (i.e. BROAD-WAY!) dance class at the Sydney Dance Company, and recruited Jen at the last minute to come with me to Walsh Bay. And man o man o captain my captain-  it's days like these that I love living in the harbour city.Seemingly it's the beginning of winter, but there's the soft expanse of blue sky, white sails on the water,  the dank gorgeousness of the Argyle Cut-you can't help your heart singing.

We found an absolute treat for lunch-this hole in the wall cafe behind the wharves, which had freaking DECK CHAIRS scattered around for BASKING IN THE SUN. Ahhhh. As they say, mate, this is the life.

Jen, basking in the sun





happy smiley selves

And then we took our happy smiling selves to the torture chamber. Yeeeh, I grossly exaggerate. The dance class was in fact really quite fun and it offered up all kinds of blithe hilarity, we were just so  hopelessly out of sync with the crazy fast routine, dazed and dizzy from the BAJILLION spins and turns and high kicks and leaps and ajkfsjdflkl....even in the bloody warm up, I knew we were in way over our heads when we had to wrap our legs around our heads or something similarly unfeasible-my god, the tears, the mixed tears of pain and laughter.

So this is what we attempted to CONQUER that afternoon (up till 0.47) and hellz yeh my next post will concern my broadway career..

I think my body shut down after that. Cue pounding headache on the ferry. Used to a sedentary lifestyle, it did not welcome the sudden jolt of quick jazzhands and drop-kicks and the like. Guess my childhood dreams of becoming a  dancer on Broadway(!) or a lithe ballerina skimming across the Opera House stage shall remain just another flimsy castle in the sky.

That's right, later we went  ON A BOAT. cos you gots to be ON A BOAT on Sydney Harbour on a day like that. Cue every boat song known to man ..and some FotC for old times.
we sail the ocean blue, and our saucy ship's a beauty!

six months in a leaky boat *clapclap clapclap*



near..far....whereEVVVER YOU AREE

ON A BOAT MUTHA'UCKAS...
MUTHA?UCKER WON'T SELL AN APPLE TO A KIWI

No comments:

Post a Comment