Friday, 17 June 2011

week-end notes

I spend plenty of time online, and as always it's a veritable treasure trove of the cool, the odd, the weird and the amazing. I always come across so many goodies that i want to share with EVERYBODDYYY so i'm going to start compiling a collection of links and posting them at the end of each week for you to pore over on the weekend.

To start off with,I have some disheartening and really quite sad news for everyone.
Rebecca Black has deleted her song “Friday” from YouTube.
How unfunfunfunfun...nevermind you can still watch these kids react to the video when it was still up there on the internets, bravely taking abuse from trolls and haters and non-deaf people-btw, purple t-shirt girl is SCATHING.

My lusthave for this week, in keeping with my love for dead trees. 100 buckssss.. kinda steep though.

Errr...Lebron james for covergirl?

BRRR WHY IS EET WINTER for this is the perfect summer dress.

Just discovered Anthropologie's tumblr! It's awesomely wordy, quintessentially quirky, and so NEAT just like you'd expect.

NY Mag's Vulture's "Spiderman Musical" Review...it was never going to work. Scott Brown, the critic, is UNRELENTING IN TEARING IT APART. HAHA! NO, IN YOUR FACE BONO!

Another Broadway story, Hugh Jackman as Gaston in Beauty and the Beast AND WEARING GLASSES LIKE A NERD. From 2.20 onwards. And what is that? 60 Minutes?

Here we have everybody's favourite Frank Lloyd Wright in Lego form. Seriously,the coolest. All those hipster  toddlers  in their country road kids get-up should be ALLL OVER THIS SHIZ.

I love Etsy but it's a hard place to find things that appeal to you without some kind of direction. These two items though are definitely going in my basket, to help yucky mornings and to inspire wanderlust.
 Also I found this totally OLD but still relevent article about full-time Etsy shopkeepers totally engrossing. Bonus- it's written by Cup of Jo's hipster husband for the NY Times.

Moving on to food matters zomagosh, a bajillion omnomnoms- best BLT ever. someone make me this for alas i have no culinary skill. I don't even have an oven.

Got to keep the chuckles coming-my new favourite tumblr for laughs, and an oldie but a goodie

And ahhh, it's getting nearer, the end of my childhood. I used to (still do) avoid people my age who couldn't or worse, CHOSE NOT TO read Harry Potter for fear of their idiocy. I SPLUTTER IN YOUR STUPIDFACED IGNORANCE. WHAT JOY YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON. Anyway these days, i've been successfully ignoring all the Deathy Hallows Part II hype, but couldn't help feeling my heart twinge just that little bit when watching this video. It asks the HP cast to describe the experience of making the films in one word.
And of course the word MAGICAL is used. Like, duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment