Thursday, 28 July 2011

A girl worth blogging for

So, actually I always have a semi-constructed backlog of blog entries that I never get around to actually writing and publishing. But sometimes, when i'm really excited and enthused about something, i will jump up, get onto blogger and type up a post lickety-spit!

What EVENT has inspired me this time?

PIXAR.
NEW FILM.
RANGA ACTION HEROINE.




I am TOTALLY a staunch supporter of the Pixar camp, and secretly believe that the gems in their oeuvre (Up, Toy Story 3) can supersede even the genius of Studio Ghibli. Whilst almost all pop culture critics acknowledge the premium quality of Pixar animation, the grim and less dewy-eyed amongst them have duly pointed at the thorn in the side, the studio's apparent "female problem" i.e. the sheer number of male characters as compared to female ones, and the fact that not once in Pixar's twelve films, has there been a sole female protagonist.

Brave, with its kickass, Scottish highlands princess looks set to change that.
Hooray!

p.s. yes, note the title's Mulin pun . thank you.
p.p.s. I bow my head in shame. This trailer came out a MONTH ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment