Monday, 30 January 2012

say it with flowers



I'm really stressed at the moment writing a 1000wrd piece for my internship. It'll be the first proper feature piece I'll have printed in a magazine. My byline, my words, everything!
But ahrgrhgr, because I perversely like self- flallegation,  i've left it to the last minute.
Sometimes i hate writing. Once i get around to doing it, it's such a torturous process,  slaving over every word, fiddling with syntax, slashing silly adjectives, vainly grappling for that BALANCE! Sing, sentence, sing!
And all the time, there's a gnawing, growing knot of worry in the pit of your stomach as the deadline approaches...

So that's when i need to let off some steam and calm myself down. Doing something achievable, something like this- writing a short blog post, posting some pretty pictures- it helps.

All these gorgeous photos are from An Apple A Day. The personal journal of a Brooklyn-based floral designer (how cool is that for a job! the ripe colours, the heady fragrances of cumquats, roses, asters, bellflowers, bleeding hearts-  a dizzying, luscious array), it's so beautiful to read. A new favourite.




 IMG_5290


IMG_5920

IMG_5508










No comments:

Post a Comment