(I just guiltily glanced at the stack of 2010 editions i still have from my last two years at school.)
The Tyranny of The New Yorker Magazine from Yuvi Zalkow on Vimeo.
This pressure is not just from the New Yorker though, (and thank goodness I don't receive the magazine anymore- honestly where do people get the time?!) for me nowadays it's the SMH newspaper EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. And then there's the backlog from the weekend papers and all their pull-outs and magazines and sections too AHRGFHRFGJR. And i used to receive The Week too which featured miniscule print packed to the edges of the page. A nightmare. And then there's my online subscriptions to The Shortlist Daily (best articles/ features of the day sourced by the Monthly magazine from around the world and delivered to my inbox), LongReads Top 5 Weekly (best features (long-reads), LIFE Magazine top weekly galleries....ahrgrhgrhhh I read read read, endlessly consuming and i don't even get through half. I even have apps like Flipboard and ReaditLater on my phone to help me manage all the bookmarking, but it's never enough and i never keep up. Tis the life of a Journalism student.
And i havn't even mentioned the blogosphere/ Tumblr!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment