Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Ruby Shoes

I love dark red shades at the moment, and topping my shopping list for items in this colour are SHOES. (And scoop-neck tees but that's another story.)

This latest lust-have bloomed into existence when I was getting off a train. The doors swooshed open at Town Hall, and in  front of me was a girl my age wearing an utterly non-descript outfit of a parka, indigo jeans and AMAZING awesome, outfit-transforming, dark red, low-heeled boots. Oh and she was also wearing a smile. (Because of the shoes, NO DOUBT!) These reddy maroon boots with their rough, satiny finish, lent an air of cheekiness, a puff of fairy dust to her street-wear. They stepped up her entire look. One's eye was instantly drawn to those Dorothy in Oz shoes.

To my delight, I discovered them in a Rubi Shoes store later that day. However while I was, and still am, enamoured with these boots, I'm not willing to fork out $40 for their Rubi make. I suppose it's a decent price for their cheap-as-chips quality, and they say you get what you pay for. But forty bucks is still a hefty forty bucks for an unemployed student in a fashion world that's oh so contrary.

And anyway, I know a secret:
When Rubi shoes go on sale, they REALLY go on sale-slash slash slash! You won't catch these flash sales in the brick and mortars though because they whisk the stock out before word gets out. They end up online in the sales section, home of cute and charming footwear that is drastically reduced! Honestly, I get so excited trawling through these bargains. These -$20 prices are much more suited to the quality of Rubi shoes, and I'll happily crack open my wallet from my miserly grip, and 'shell out' for these prices.

So while those red boot charmers still wink at me and catch my eye every time I walk past a Rubi display, I've learnt to keep our flirtation to a lingering gaze and a sigh. I will wait. (Patience is a virtue.) And in the meantime,  I've come across some other lovely red stained shoes from Rubi, one of which is a SUPER STEAL!
Penny Ann Boots $40
The original berry-stained charmers. We will be together one day.


Swanny Heel Zinfadel Red $50
Sexy, tall ,velvet pumps. Limp-wristed SWOON.


AND INTRODUCING THE SUPER STEAL:


Simone Heel $15
AMAZINGly cute Mary-Janes. A SUPER STEAL AT $15!!!!!! exclamation marks! Wow is RIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment